Company BackgroundProducts & ServicesSign PortfolioContact Information


By 1927, the two founding partners were ready to purchase land and have a new facility built that was exactly suited to their needs. The location was 515 Liberty Street, which was later renamed Park Avenue and served as the company headquaters until the spring of 2001.

In 1934, F.D. Staley, Jr., the son of Durward Staley, started working in the family business. He was a bright young man with high grades in math and science while attending Shortride High School in Indianapolis. This ability made it easy for him to learn the electrical trade. Before long, he took the test to become a master electrician, and became the youngest man in Indianapolis, to achieve such a feat.

  At this time, Staley and Crabb, along with the new addition of Staley, Jr., to the company, realized the uniqueness of neon illuminated signs. They rapidly learned all they could about neon and became one of the first manufacturers of neon signs in the Midwest.
Many highly visible examples of their work in Indianapolis included the Indiana Theatre, Circle Theatre, and many hotel signs around town, which proudly displayed large marquees or roof signs..

1908 | 1927-1934 | World War II |Today | Philosophy