World War II, the sign shop, was also set up for machining tank
tread parts, with many family members and others working through
the night to contribute in the war effort (and make up for some
lost income due to restriction imposed during the war).
1947, Cecil Crabb sold his interest in the business in order to
spend more time composing ragtime music.
company was incorporated as Staley Signs, Inc. , with the
two Staleys in command.
signs became even more in demand during the post war boom.
The neon tube benders were kept busy making tubing for hundreds
of new signs and making repairs for the older signs that had
been neglected during the war.
The 1950s ushered in what became the ever-popular plastic-faced signs
with fluorescent internal illumination..
1963, the founding Staley passed away while still maintaining
a work schedule at the company. In 1983, F. D. Staley, Jr. retired,
leaving control of the company in the hands of the third generation,
He had started working summers, as a helper. He later served a five
year apprenticeship which culminated into the acquisition of a Journeyman
Sign card. He has served in sign installation and repair capacities,
as shop foreman, purchasing, and sales in the past.
| 1927-1934 | World War
II |Today | Philosophy